Thursday, October 17, 2013

Character: Teachable Hearts

It's week 3 of my Character Series and this week we studied  having a TEACHABLE heart.  Teach your children that part of being teachable is a willingness to learn. When we learn things, we experience growth. Let's not stifle our progression due to an unteachable heart. No one knows everything, but each of us knows something. 

My sons and I have had a great time defining and discussing our character traits with what the Bible asks us to do.

For peacemaking, my oldest son says, "Wait, so Jesus wants us to get along with EVERYbody?" (Noticing that he had some work to do!)

For teachable, my sons both admit they sometimes have an attitude and they will work on that. I even admitted it myself! Even the Bible tells us that no discipline is fun at the time, so we all agreed that this one is the toughest yet!

For diligence, I have witnessed both of  my "men-in-training" step it up in the area of chores and schoolwork, wanting to please the Lord, since after all, the Bible tell us to work for Him. 

I am noticing that the flaws I saw in my sons (even myself sometimes) weren't due to a disrespect or carelessness to the Word but to the ignorance of it. Once they learned what the Bible commands us to do, what the Lord expects, and the blessings attached, they aimed to get in line...and me too! 

Character training is so valuable because not only does it please the Lord it also builds relationships! Real characters helps us to avoid offended others unnecessarily. 

As you know, you can visit  Blessed Beyond a Doubt. for a graphic organizer to print for your children to have them fill in for each day of the week (Mon-Fri) during your school time. 


Click HERE to download your free copy of  the plan and do not forget to visit Blessed Beyond a Doubt for the organizer. (Join me next week for "Content" Character Training!) 


Missed a week?



Remember, God created you for His glory!

Blessings,
Miss Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!