Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Having a great day!

We are so excited to be learning today! We have a fun-filled and a few challenges along the way. 

Tot School: "Chipmunk"

We are following the LOTW Curriculum from Confession of a Homeschooler. Erica is wonderful and her lesson plans are easy to follow. My son is quickly picking up his letter, sounds, and how to write them. 

We are on letter "A" this week and I pleased with his progress and eagerness to learn. We will be implementing "Tot Trays" next week. A super neat engagement activity for toddlers. We got this idea from Carisa on 1+1+1=1. 

1st Grade: "Peanut"

Since we started homeschooling in the middle of the year, I have been waiting for Peanut's ccurriculum to arrive. I just checked the tracking and it should be here today, hopefully. In the meantime, I am just following the unit lesson from school/state/standards for 2nd 9 weeks. 

Bible: "Garden of Eden" (I even learned something!)

Math:  I introduced fractions today! Now, you have some of those "challenges" that I wrote of earlier! :-)

Spelling/Handwriting: What a breeze! (If only it was this way in ALL subjects!)

Typing: We started on HOME keys today! It was quite interesting to see my six year old explore the keyboard! My youngest was pleading to type like his older brother, but I do not think I was ready for that yet!

Grammar: Declarative Sentences. I am waiting on the day when he doesn't say "Discover" sentences anymore.

History: We learned about the timeline today and then I had Peanut create one for himself. I taught him that major events are typically in a timeline, so choose wisely. He choose birth, walked, and climbed a tree. Not too bad! 

WritingPeanut had to write 3 things he's glad God gave him and write God a note about how he will obey Him. His very first one was "thank you for a good, loving mom." Most kids write 1 adjective to describe their moms (or anything)...I GOT TWO! 

PE: We're hitting the playground today!


Check out some pics from today 

Peanut is reading the Bible learning about Creation and the Garden of Eden!

My Chipmunk has a sad face because he has to clean up his paper shavings from cutting practice. (Sorry kid, no maids here!)

Chipmunk enjoys his educational video on letters and sounds. Check out LeapFrog Letter Factory!


Peanut is in deep concentration on his fractions, proving that kids do not have to be in a classroom to learn (or think!)

Oh yea, he thinks he can read and I cannot tell him any different. (We are working on it!)

Yes, he changes his "setting" based on what subjects he's on. He loves to move around! Tackling Declarative Sentences here!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!