Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Artist Appreciation

For artist appreciation month, I hopped on over to Homeschool Share and studied the five artists featured:
  •          Andy Warhol (pop art)
  •          Jackson Pollock (drip paintings)
  •          Norman Rockwell (paintings)
  •          Grandma Moses (folk art)
  •          Georgia O’Keefe (nature paintings)
I was sad to see there weren’t any African American artist on the list, but hey, that gives me something to put together for later in the year. Since I am late in tackling this and I want to complete it before August is over, my sons and I are going to cover 1 artist each day. My only goal here is exposure and artist-inspired pieces we to create.

Here’s our format for each artist:

Learn: I will read a paragraph of information of each artist introducing them to my sons.

Read: We have checked out a few books that discuss each artist that they can explore through reading.

Examine: I looked up each artist’s work on the net that we will go through some famous pieces.

Inspire: We will become inspired by the artists’ pieces and re-create our own.

Notebook: Homeschool Share provided some notebooking pages that we downloaded to wrap up our studies of each artist.

You can find artist intros, book selections, inspiration pieces, and notebooking pages all on Homeschool Share’s blog.

I will post some pictures of our creations once we are all done.

Happy Artist Appreciation Month!

Blessings,
Joyice, The Writing Enhancer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!