Thursday, August 22, 2013

Night Sky: Full Moon


The boys and I headed outside Tuesday night around 8:45p to view the full moon. It was so big, bright, and high in the sky! The boys marveled at its size calling out, “it’s huge, mama!” We stared in amazement for about 10 minutes noting all we could. It was so close to bedtime that I choose for us to sketch in the morning. My sons and I sat at the kitchen table to discuss and sketch our sights and thoughts of the full moon. 



We chose the famous scripture from David is Psalm 8; 3“When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingersthe moon and the stars you set in place” for our copywork and completed our first night sky observation.



I was so blessed by this experience! It served as time spent with my sons, all three of us becoming exposed to new learning, and catching a glimpse of the creativity of God and confirming it in His Word.

Our Observations

Chipmunk: (4) “I looked at the moon. Mom, thank you!”

Peanut’: (7) “The moon looked like a white sun. God’s creation is good.”

Me: (?)    “I observed the night sky to view the full moon. It was the

brightest I have ever seen and it was set to perfect and high in the sky. God’s work is truly amazing. As David said, we have seen the fingers of His work!”


Blessings,
Joyice, The Writing Enhancer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!