Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fun Summer Activities!



In preparation for the summer, I asked my boys, “what do you want do this summer?” Other than my oldest son screaming, “Disney World” I felt I was able to make all their desires come to past before we close out August. (Yay, for mommy!) We will do Disney though; we are just waiting for his brother to be a bit oldernot this summer, for sure.

In order to keep me accountable (and to give you a few ideas) I am listing what they asked for and how I plan on making it happen. So here’s to our summer loaded with lots and lots of activities and fun. Wanna know the best part? Most of these are freebies and cheapies!



Hey Boys, “What do you want to do this summer?”
Go to the beach! (I think Myrtle Beach is in our future!)
Water, Water, Water (Local “spraygrounds” and water rings!)
Lego Land! (Nice discount if we arrive before May ends!)
Karate Lesson (we found an awesome deal--$10 for 10 classes!)
See animals we have never seen before! (We’re going on an animal safari!)
Visit the Children’s Museum (Gladly! It’s free on Tuesdays!)
Visit another state (Possibly Myrtle (SC), but we may just skip off to Alabama!)
Make homemade play dough (I’m thinking some Red, White, & Blue for the 4th!)
Swim Lessons (We’re signed up for lessons at the local community center!)
See airplanes take off! (We have a local airport park we’re going to visit!)
Catch Lightning Bugs (Catching at the beachknock out two birds in one stone!)
“Harvest” caterpillars to butterflies (we’re ordering our kit this month!)
Learn about frogs! (We are ordering a tadpole habitat to witness the life cycle!)
Grow vegetables (Home Depot, here we come!)
Ride a Horse (We are going to the local stables!)
Ride a Train (We’re off to Chattanooga for a train ride, All-Aboard!)
Go to the Movies ($1 movies at local Regal Theaters!)
Learn more in Science & Math (We’re headed to camp, a free one too!)
Go to the park/playground (always free, but I will find a really nice one!)
Go roller skating and bowling (free over the summer!)
Listen to music (Jazz Session downtown, and free!)
Go see the Braves (we always go on the 4th!)
Go to an amusement park (Oh, yeah!)
Go to Kids’ Night Out (it’s a local event, here!)

For a bit of academia, I threw in a Reading Camp (only half a day) for my oldest son.

Hope you have a happy and safe summer, from my family to yours!


Blessings,
Joyice...The Writing Enhancer



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!