Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two-Week Meal Plan (5.14-5.25)

Hi Guys!

One of the most stressful (and frustrating) events of the day for me is figuring out what I am going to prepare for dinner! Breakfast and lunch, surprisingly, do not stress me out. It's easy and it takes no future planning on my part. However, dinner always gets to me. No, I am not one of those moms/wives who can plan out each meal for weeks and weeks at a time. I know that I am not going to stick with anything longer than 2 weeks, so I don't even kid myself!:-) Truth is, I start to "taste" my food as I plan it and I just can't get the taste of things that far out. So, I live in the 2-week planning zone for dinner meals. 

Since one of my May's monthly goals is more meal planning,  I figured I would blog about it to keep track of my progress. (I almost planned until the end of the May, but again, the 2-week thing.)

Also, I have never prepared pork for my family (outside of breakfast meats in the morning.) I did not grow up eating pork and my mother never taught me how to cook it. Hence, I do not know how. Nonetheless, by husband likes it (sparingly) so I am going to attempt a tenderloin in the next couple of weeks. Wish me well!

If you see a recipe that interests you, leave a comment and I'll send you the link/info.
P.S.....I am a day late posting this, so we have the Ravioli last night for the dinner and everyone loved it.(My apologies!) The purple means its a CrockPot meal!



2-Week Meal Plan
Mon, May 13

Roasted Chicken & Mozzarella Ravioli
Garden Salad & Garlic Bread
Tue, May 14

Lime Cilantro Flank Steak
Southwest Potatoes & Roasted Corn
Wed, May 15

Milano Salmon w/ Basic Pesto Butter
Steamed Cauliflower & Sweet Peas
Thu, May 16

Garlic Ranch Chicken
Steamed Broccoli & Yellow Rice (Crescent Rolls)
Fri, May 17

Leftovers!
Sat, May 18

Pulled BBQ Chicken
Country Green Beans & Mac n Cheese
Texas Toast

Sun, May 19

Apple Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
Steamed Cabbage & Sweet Corn (Hot Rolls)
Mon, May 20

Southwest White Chili (Cornbread)
Tue, May 21

Apricot Chicken
Collards & Mashed Potatoes (Hot Rolls)
Wed, May 22

Chicken n Wild Rice Casserole (Crescent Rolls)
Thu, May 23

Marinated Chicken
Black-Eyed Peas & Vegetable Medley (Cornbread)
Fri, May 24

Leftovers!
Sat, May 25

Romesco-Style Cod
Artichoke Spinach Potatoes & Side Salad
Breadsticks


Blessings, Joyice, The Writing Enhancer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!