Friday, November 8, 2013

T.H.I.N.K.

!!!FREEBIE FRIDAY!!!

Okay, if you have children older than 5 you have probably asked yourself (of your child)..."can you please think before you speak?"

My 7-year old son rubs me the wrong way daily with what he allows himself to say (and especially to his own younger brother!)

A part of this is self-control. We have spoke about this. You know, the fact that not every thought you have needs to be shared or expressed. We have also discussed that he needs to be more in control of his "members" (his mouth being one of them) and not speak carelessly and loosely, especially when it can hurt others. We also read the Bible and he learned exactly what God had to say about loose lips. While I saw improvements, I knew some of his loose words were not 100% due to his lack of self-control but a failure on my part to give him something (a tool, resources, method, etc) that he could use to help guard him against undesired behavior.

And then one day...

I was scrolling on Facebook and found the T.H.I.N.K. acronym that sang the hallelujah chorus. 
Ok, not literally but I was so excited I could have sworn I actually heard it.

I could not find a free printable anywhere! So, I made one myself and I explained it to my son.
He keeps the printable in his "Character" section of his Spiritual Growth Notebook.

I can actually see him running down the list mentally in his head before he speaks. Many of times, he walks away and says "Nevermind, I just realized I shouldn't say that!" (Unfortunately, I have to report that it does not happen ALL the time. **wink wink**)

Please download your freebie and explain to your child if you like. And if you are like me, go ahead and print one for yourself to to hang on the frig and place in your prayer journal/binder as an awesome reminder.

Download T.H.I.N.K.!

God made you for His Glory!

Blessings, Miss Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!